PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ethiopian airlines aircraft down near Beirut
Old 25th Jan 2010, 08:34
747JJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh soorry V1

I fail to see where displayed such arrogance in my previous post. I commented on the conspiracy theorists posts on the first page and and obviously ruffled someones feathers.

Fact 1: EU has standards that airlines need to uphold to be able to operate. Most African countries do not have these standards or these are rampantly disregarded. Ethiopia again does have standards fully comparable to EU and enforces these standards. With the latest accident they have 3 fatal accidents including the Comores B767 ditching due to hijacking. So in essence they have a very decent safety record.

Fact:2 Ethiopian troops have been operating in Somalia and Eritrea on different times. For their reasons, valid or not, I don't care either way. Their Somalia operations do make them a potential target for the local militants and their associates. I am not suggesting terrorism as a cause of the accident

Fact 3: There was no information when I wrote my previous post nor is there now, to rule out any single cause for the accident nor is there any info to confirm a cause or causes. I will wait for an answer from the accident investigation.

The PPPPDS ( Professional Pilot PPrUne Disclaimer Statement)
As I said on my previous post and previous lines, I am not suggesting any cause or contributory factor or the involvement of any organisation or indivudual as a cause for the accident.