PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 25th Jan 2010, 07:26
mesmeris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just A Bit Grandiose..

As a customer I find some of the postings by BA CC regarding why their pay should be higher than the industry average a bit grandiose. Really now, people aren't dropping like flies on Virgin because their crew are somehow less capable or experienced. I haven't seen any indication that there is a correlation between pay of CC and customer satisfaction and safety.

It isn't rocket science... I'm just asking you to treat me, as a customer, with a little respect, help me and others get settled in for the flight and off the plane promptly, and hopefully provide food/beverages. I haven't found BA crew to be any more, or less, able than their counterparts on many other airlines in which they are paid less.

That said, before the strike over Christmas fiasco I generally tried to fly BA when possible because the seats are comfortable, flights mostly on time, and a good safety record. It wasn't because I was looking forward to BA CC as being somehow exceptionally better than their peers. Honestly, you guys don't come across as friendlier or more skilled than your competitors. Now, however, I continue to retain animosity over the stress and worry BA CC put my family through and avoid BA when possible. Until WW engages in a definitive action to eliminate the risk of further strikes it just isn't worth it to me and yes, I'm still bitter.

But perhaps by next Christmas I will have forgotten it all, wasn't that the theory of the union???? I'm hardly your only customer who feels this way and you'd best factor in your customers perspective in your calculations regarding strikes and such or your airline is going to go down the tubes.