PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solenta
Thread: Solenta
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2002, 04:31
Petes Dragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Why???

Guys,

This is getting really boring, as most of you do not have the foggiest idea of what is really going on at Solenta.

So, either make the effort to find out what the real position is, by either speaking to some of the pilots (all of whom might not be 100% happy, but then what pilot is...) or by going to look for yourself.

From my knowledge, companies (yes, believe it or not even SAA) put certain standards in place when recruiting personnel for specific types - why should Solenta be different. If it does not have suitably quilified pilots in its current pilot pool, most of whom are Comm and Turbine rated, but no ME - should it stop operating the ATR? Why do the pilots (most of who seem to be out of a job at the moment - wonder why) that complain about not being considered for the ATR, not make the effort to get the correct qualification, such as a ME rating

No, I am not covering for any problems (which I am sure do exist at Solenta, as in any other company), but lets be fair about this and try and get ALL the facts before nailing any organisation to the wall.

Its easy to drag anybody's or any company's name through the mud on a forum such as this, because you are "untouchable" and can remain anonynous.

But, then...no pilot is ever satisfied, unless he or she is bitching and moaning about some issue or another...and unfortunately, this is someting that will never change is our industry.