PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 25th Jan 2010, 00:25
Jean-Lill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA Crew Bay

I agree with most of your comments but it is a little misleading when you say stated you are not paid for holidays and sickness days.

I presume you mean you still get your basic pay when you take your holidays or have to go sick but not a part of the £12000 pa in allowances that it has been suggested that euro fleet receive on average above their basic pay.

Why should you get allowances if you are not earning them by flying? That has always been the case, you have to fly to earn the very generous extra payments.

You cannot compare your occupation with the professional work that nurses do. It takes them more than 5 weeks to become the professionals that they are.

I say that with the greatest of respect and feel I can because I too was cabin crew for a very long time.

I was in a hospital A & E a few days ago and the nurses were continually on their feet working, no 90 minute meal breaks, bunk rests or pulling the curtains across and hiding from the patients, pure hard work with a tremendous team spirit. They unlike cabin crew are vital workers.

Your low c/c basic pay and high supplementary payments are something Bassa seems in favour of. That does not help your pensionable pay when the time comes, beleive me.

It is nice to read your balanced views, best of luck.

Last edited by Jean-Lill; 25th Jan 2010 at 00:38. Reason: missed something/mistake