PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 24th Jan 2010, 22:50
BAcrewboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been off of here for a few days and just have a few things to say.

Firstly, although not to justify my stance, please be reminded that I am a 'no' voter - I think this strike threat is silly and not at all necessary.

Cresmer - We BA crew 'made our bed so should lie in it' - so why should BA pull the sheets from underneath us? As you say, we signed up for it, so why should it be changed?

Tom100 - Sorry that you have had bad experiences with crew, but I must say that I have never flown with a crew that has not gived its all for the pax.

Desertia - We must resus. for 30 mins. if no shock is advised, regardless of what any medical professional may say.

Weathermap - You are right, we do these things because that is what we are employed to do. However, on a daily basis we do things that we are actively told not to do but that we know will improve ur experience as a customer. I could give countless examples here but a few include giving away crew meals to pax. who 'apparently' ordered veg. meals online, continuing to give tomato and cranberry juice in ET on band 1-3b flights, and -one for me personally- doing a 1hr 30 round journey to drop a pensionner home to Swindon during the snow because she had missed the last bus due to delayed arrival into LHR.

Also, if I wanted to do TLV and back, then I would have worked for one of the very many respectable charter carriers that do this. If I had wanted to work for EZY, then I would have - however, I work for BA and we do not do this!

As I said at the beginning of this post, I am a defo. no voter and support the company 100% in their efforts to save money - but I will not have my profession belittled, nor my hard work go un-noticed. This is not an opportunity for an all-out witch hunt against BA crew benefits and working practices.