PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Work for Korean
Thread: Work for Korean
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2010, 20:44
Saturn

Dont' be fooled

I want to make sure you all know that the grass is NOT greener on the other side. Now CX is certainly not perfect but it is still the best gig out there, Trust me! I know a few boys at Korean and Qatar and Emirates and Eatyourhat (Etihad) and let me tell you that you would sadly be mistaken if you think any of these places are good, they are NOT! The Middle east SUCKS!

The goal of most of the airlines is to lower conditions. They all work together to find out how much pilot's will take. We at CX have lead the pack in taking it in the pooper! Talk to the boys from Singapore. Until the industry turns around (many years), more retire, less learn to fly, IT WILL CONTINUE!

I personally would like to go to a regional. A small carrier where maybe people like each other and maybe the company likes their employees. Eastern Airways in the UK maybe one of these companie?. This long haul stuff, middle of the night, aggressive training and managment, is for the birds! If you don't like it why be miserable, just leave.

This business is always going to be a cycle. We are lucky we have jobs at all I tell you. It is really bad out there. I know people (pilot's) losing their homes, cars and just about everything. You could also be Haitian!!!

Don't always look at what you don't have but what you do have!

Always be safe my friends. Life is short very short! Just this last month, A good friend got cancer, another is dying of cancer, a good friends Mom dropped dead at 59.

I wake every day and look at the Sun and smell the flowers now and thank god I am still alive.

Gentlemen and ladies. IT IS JUST A JOB!