PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 24th Jan 2010, 20:28
Weather Map

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
77...I am not sure why that would have happend there is nothing that could stop any mainline CSD's from the shuttle bases from working as CSD's at LHR.

The MAN cabin crew were all mainline until 1993 they then became part of BAR (British Airways Regional) at that time all the MAN crew were taken out of the NSP seniority list for about two years.I know this IS fact as my ex gf was based at MAN for many years firstly with British Airtours then mainline.

There was problem with BAR cabin crew operating the shuttle due to budgets so BA mainline decided to set up a shuttle base at MAN in 1998. Most of the senior crew from BAR went over although there were only limited places available.BAR continued but they merged with Brymon and other airlines and the crew were not part of the NSP until 1998 so i think it must have had something to do with their right of transfer .

I can tell you now that no MAN shuttle CSD's have gone to LHR and worked down as PSR's.I know all of them,and they have full right of transfer due their NSP status.As did the BFST/GLA crew.They kept ALL their seniority and rank and quite rightly so.

As for Lurkers post i think that is why a lot of MAN crew came to LHR 92/93 as they didn't want to become part of BAR, as the terms and conditions changed big time ! .I'm sure A Lurker will confirm this along with others one of my favourites from MAN, DG, transferred to 767 fleet about that time.

Last edited by Weather Map; 24th Jan 2010 at 20:41.