PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 24th Jan 2010, 20:03
Stelton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wake up and smell the coffee!

This should be shouted instead towards BASSA and their old ancient brigade of narrow-minded with no grip on reality representatives who have controlled, poisoned and destroyed this airline far too long. No doubt they are furious, and at the same time scared, of Willie Walsh who has the courage to challenge their dictatorship.

BASSA are using all the strength they have left to challenge Willie Walsh back but they already know their time has come. They are running out of ideas. They are lost in a frightening world with no compass or map. This is more than obvious when reading their newsletters which are full of rubbish sentences with no logic or meaning whatsoever.

My wife has been with BA since 1993 and as much as I hate to admit following, she's a very pro and militant member of BASSA who has voted yes in all of their previous ballots. She also participated in their last strike in 1997. I still cannot understand why she so perversely insists on remaining to being a member seeing as she has been, as others too have reported that they also have been, accused of voting no because she's married to a pilot. That pilot would be me.

There are many professional and hard working cabin crew at BA. They are indeed poorly managed by BA but also poorly represented by BASSA. No wonder why so many of them are confused and not sure whom to believe. On top of this every time they get to work there are always militant BASSA members who are spouting false BASSA propaganda straight onto their faces.

BASSA are headed for a deep fall. Unfortunately many mislead and innocent members will go with them but I'm trying every day to convince my wife to step back and take a distance from them. She's a d*mn good purser and I will not allow BASSA to destroy her career.