PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some landing gear questions
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2010, 18:52
MHN_pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some landing gear questions

Hi guys!
I have some technical questions about landing gears which I haven't been able to answer with my AGK notes:

- Once I was told that in old a/c the procedure before landing gear retaction was to manually push the brakes in order to stop wheels before entering the l/g bay and causing some damage. Is that correct? This procedure is performed automatically in modern a/c such as 320 or 737 NG I suppose, am I right?

-How many wow (weght on wheels) do you guys have in medium or big jetliners? as I have studied in general aviation a/c there's one in one of the main l/g struts or sometimes two. I suppose in bigger aircraft there must be always one in each main strut in order to deploy asimetrical spoilers in croswind landings and stuff like that and also one in the nose gear to activate autobrake when the nose comes down. Am I right? could you guys confirm it with your fcom?

- Does it exist any device in high cruising aircraft which reduces wheel pressure in order to adjust with decrasing ambient pressure at high altitudes?

- What is the landing gear lever middle " OFF" postion for in a/c such as b 737?

-About landing gear pins used to prevent landing gear from retracting accidentaly on ground: are they used only in longer stops or in shorter ones as well? are they used in all size aircraft or only lighter ones? (I've only seen them in dash and some other regional aircraft)

Thanks in advance,

Happy landigs.