PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of a distinguished career?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2010, 18:31
Chris Griffin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting more than a little fed up with sofa experts pontificating about whether the old girl is airworthy or not.

The issue is apparently regulatory not safety.

I have an old stude on the fleet who says it is all about strip lighting and gpws for carrying civilian pax rather than the airworthiness of the aircraft.

Mil pax can be dispensated against - civvies are a little more difficult in the post Nimrod climate.

If all you armchair experts can come up with is a nav error in the last 50 yrs of operating the VC10 then that surely says something for the safety record of the old girl.

The other question is why are you all so keen to see an aircraft and Sqn which picks up tasks from a lot of the newer fleets due serviceability talked down? From what I understand, the VC10, despite her age, picks up unfulfilled tasking from the quarter past 2's and the skips on a regular basis.

There are undoubtedly a great deal of our compatriots who are more than a little worried about job security, how about a little respect for them and a little recognition for a job well done in the current climate.

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Respond if you must, I wont be reading. Out.