PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 24th Jan 2010, 16:49
Two-Tone-Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You all play this game the way you choose. You are all, I guess, sentient adults.

Do you want to play political wars with BA? And rely on BASSA and Unite to look after you? Good luck. I would guess that BA has all the bases covered already. You are going to be the loser.
Or ....
Do you want to try to keep the Company afloat, and save tens of thousands of jobs, including your own? By making just one small concession about CC manning? Good luck to you too. You are realists.

People of BA, this is not a game. It's about the jobs, and livelihoods, of tens of thousands of individuals and families. It really is time to take a "sensible pill" and think about what's going on here. Forget the rhetoric, forget the trivial debates about T&C [OK, I know some of you enjoy that, and that's what Unions are for ], this is the BIG ONE.

The bottom line YOU have to think about is whether anyone [and I'm talking about ALL the BA employees, and the supporting outfits] is going to have a job after all this.

I will happily admit to having a political perspective that differs from BASSA - it's a free country, apparently. I will also admit that there are some arguments [when not shouted] from the 'other side' that make some sense. However, BA is in the financial poo, and if something isn't done to offer savings from the CC side of the operation ... you're all going to be unemployed.

Posturing is great fun, until it comes to 'crunch time'.
First crunch is the BASSA Ballott.
Next crunch is in the High Court shortly.
And the other crunch is the fact that customers are flying ABBA already.

Please, people ... get real.