PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK(Emirates) whats the point joining?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2010, 16:19
ekwhistleblower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Government inflation figures. If you actually go around the various shops you can get all sorts of different deals but that is not the point; it is magnitude and the Capt to F/O angle is about right.

As to the training incidents. Yeah there have been a few but the police story is just that. As to the UAE being all bad, try pissing off a security guard at JFK and see what comes back. As to
there have been as many cadet/training captain incidents, as there have been 330 only rated pilots turning up outstation to find a 340 parked on the bay, or worse still a 777.
. That'll be not very many then but that is why the stars appeared.

It amazes me how a few guys wish to get the dirty washing out or even make it up and slag EK as if they are the worst employer ever. Try Qatar, JAL (15400 jobs gone), all the US majors who furlough at will, Sabena, SAS, Globespan etc etc etc. I'd rather have the job I have now than any number of other jobs around the industry for one reason alone; security. Many carriers didn't just not pay the increment they ditched 20% of the junior pilots and the pension schemes to boot.

Please tell me which jobs are so much better; why and why everyone isn't flocking to them all together. Korean, Turkish.....great if you need to commute and are prepared to eat sh1t to do so otherwise what planet are you on. Virgin, they looked after the crews nicely in 2002...not! I am not blinded to shortcomings nor any less frustrated due to some of the changes than the next guy but get real if it really is as bad as some say why would anyone stay?

I'll now listen to the usual Ed's stooge arguments or that I made a fortune in the property market blah but nothing could be further from the truth. My kids get a decent education, my family likes being here, I've got some good mates and get to escape every now and then for a holiday. I can't afford to go out as often as I used to and would love to be a banker getting a 10mil bonus but I am certain all the bitching in the world won't make it happen but it will make me a sad cynical tosser. My priorities will change, my kids will grow and I will eventually move on but I doubt the decision I make will have anything to do with going to a significantly better job but rather a lifestyle change for the family.

A view from the other sand dune.