PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet/CTC Cadet Pilot Slavery Contract
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2010, 12:04
BIGBAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a soon to be redundant BMI pilot I am now scratching around looking for jobs. There are jobs out there for 'bus pilots but all in the middle east / far east not ideal if you are tied to this country like most of us are.

The only glimmer of light that we've had is that we were told easy were interested in taking on some of us. However now i've seen the deal I think I'd rather work abroad. It's all hourly rates, paid per actual flying hour, nothing more , nothing less. If you have over 1500 hrs they do pay you more per hour but at the end of the day, it's still per hour and you could end up sitting at home not flying and not earning - it's insulting to qualified pilots.

But, if you need a flying job, it's one of the only things i've seen for 'bus drivers in the UK. When you need to feed your family you will do anything, but let me tell you if I have to sign on to this terrible deal the sooner the market picks up and there are full time jobs I'll be off in a flash.That's what we are at the mercy of the MARKET, once things pick up companies will have to pay more to hold onto people but at the moment they can try all this sort of nonsense - just remember who you over !!!