PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best GA IFR routing for EGLM-EGPK (Novice FAA IR needs help!)
Old 3rd Jul 2002, 00:35
Bright-Ling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know yr probs - and no offence taken me old mucker!

Me thinks, however, that you should take it as read that people are too busy to concentrate on light aircraft into a small airfield with no published instrument procedure. Even the Farnboro' inbounds (BBJ's/Gulfstreams etc) fly outside CAS for about 15-20 miles! That isn't meant to sound rude, is just facts.

Poblems run from the lack of LARS units - Thames isn't such a unit and is funded directly by City airport and Biggin Hill, and is busy enough with their traffic!

Even though Thames couldn't have taken you through their RMA due to workload, if you had said you were IMC outsdie they would probably have given you a limited RIS........better than nowt?!!? (you could have freecalled)

I am sure a member of the the TMA S sector will jump in here, but the last thing they need is a slow light aircraft in the area of CAS there. Sad, but the facts mate.

The prob with the BIG area is that between 2.5 and 4A, Thames use it for their inbounds/outbounds: LHR DVR SIDs climb to 6A in that area heading for DET and the stack then starts for LHR inbounds up to FL120 or higher). Above that (For yr interest) is the LTN/STN stuff decending in that area. See the probs?! Unfortunately, the system is driven by moeny, but we will help you when we can.

Visit the local units.........we are always happy to make you a coffee and explain the probs!

Good luck,

B-L

Last edited by Bright-Ling; 3rd Jul 2002 at 05:59.