PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 24th Jan 2010, 10:11
Clarified

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Furious, enraged, angry etc. etc, etc....

These are some of the adjectives I have read to describe how 'crew' are feeling about the company's recent communication.

Some of the community, maybe but certainly not all of us!

I think a lot of my colleagues feel sad, let down, confused, worried, unsure of the direction they are going in, crystal clear they have a choice to continue to enjoy a really good job and perks or throw it away. (Read this forum for specific examples)!

As this forum and conversations with fellow crew colleagues has also indicated there are a lot of us (a number that is growing rapidly), who simply will not push the self destruct button.
The vast majority value and appreciate our jobs and yes the company we work for and the hard working people that make up that family.
We are just as resolute in maintaining what we have by means of reasonable change so our business can get back in the black and we can look forward to a brighter future together.

I think we owe this to our 25,000 employees (other than cabin crew), 35M customers and 1000's of Cabin Crew who did not vote for a strike or are not in/have left the union and even those that did, but are now really worried about its consequences for ALL.
As I said before pressing the nuclear button will be met with a nuclear response, (My view); it's now happening.

I am not Nostradarmus, but it really doesn't take much foresight to realise that this is real and although some nervously look back to previous conflicts where, yes people and perks came back without sanction, I think this time it looks and feels very different.

(My own thoughts, they do not represent my company or anyone else).