PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 24th Jan 2010, 08:37
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BUT every potential member of the PCCC should read the book (or watch the DVD/Video) of Animal Farm by George Orwell (it has been referred to previously on this thread). It is probably the most famous example of the story of how power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

There is little point in setting up an alternative to BASSA if one of two things are allowed to happen:

(1) Those that form it get drunk on their new found power and end up abusing it exactly like Loopy Lizzie and her cronies.

(2) It is insufficiently protected from the risk that BASSA send the lemmings in en masse to vote in their cronies and then seize control.

It is not easy, but I just think that the constitution of the new council must allow equal access to all members, but without permitting an immediate BASSA-led power shift that allows the council to commit hara-kiri.....

I sincerely applaud your efforts, as much as I wish for the BASSA leadership to slope off back under the rock from whence they crawled.

To coin a phrase, The Best of British Luck to you!
Desertia,
We'll definitely keep you in the loop.
Please be assured that the PCC isn't and won't be power greedy.
Our approach is mature, not juvenile, no thumping on the tables and walking out of meeting rooms if we don't get our way.
We're good role models for BA with good track records. That in itself should speak volumes for our character. We're grown ups, sensible and professional and we will listen,talk and negotiate resulting in a win win situation for BA, our customers and ourselves.

As you say it's not going to be easy and we don't deny it, we are work in progress. However we can no longer live with the outdated 70's style of UNITE that is destroying BA and risks destroying all our jobs. Industrial relations in BA with Cabin Crew have to change for the better.

As for George Orwell's Animal Farm, Ive just ordered it from Amazon except that I'm spoilt for choice with some excellent casts in several different productions.

Thank you for your vote of confidence and I won't deny that we will need plenty of British Luck.

I'm BA Cabin Crew and the above represent my personal views and not those of BA.