PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson R44
Thread: Robinson R44
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2002, 23:18
Lu Zuckerman

Iconoclast

Location: The home of Dudley Dooright-Where the lead dog is the only one that gets a change of scenery.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What did he say? And, why did he say it?

To: Rotor Nut

Once again my words were either misunderstood or you did not follow the line of my post.

Firstly I explained why I placed the post. I knew it was promulgated several years ago but because of an experience I had working between the FAA and the CAA I found that there was in certain cases miscommunication between those two agencies. That miscommunication had nothing to do with the freewheeling unit problem covered in the AD. What it did deal with was the intent of the CAA to make certain information that the FAA considered as a recommendation as being mandatory. That information had to do with the causes of mast bumping and how to prevent it. If you are interested please E-mail me and I will send a copy of the document. Once received you could compare it to the same material contained in the POHs of CAA certified Robinson helicopters. This offer is available to anyone that wants a copy. The material covers about 20% of the posts I made on the previous Robinson threads.

Yes I am interested in safety (yours and every one else’s) and yes I am pedantic having four teaching credentials in the State of California and if I come across as being overbearing it is because of having 47 years in the aerospace industry watching educated people make mistakes