PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MACC Closure
Thread: MACC Closure
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 23:46
Adola69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not nice!

Having just completed an Afternoon shift at Manchester on the Airport side of the house I can honestly say that is was a very unpleasant days work!

Having to work in an Ops room that looked like something from the Mary Celeste, devoid of so many friends that were there yesterday and with a very eerie atmosphere, I came away feeling very depressed, and I know it probably sounds childish and imature, but I found it very upsetting.
Some may say "Get over it and move on" and I know I will and that this will pass as time goes on, but none-the-less it was very disquieting, so much so that you could almost say it was a "distraction in the ops room", which we seem to be banging on about these days as being a safety issue. Well this aspect hadn't been thought about I'm sure?

Now on a completely differing tac, it does get me very cross to have to say to Departures " Contact Scottish Control on 1*****" How stupid does that sound coming from ENGLAND?

Good luck to all who have moved on and to those who chose or were not given the option to. It's true what they say, you don't know what you'll miss until it's gone, - what a crap feeling