PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shenzhen Airlines
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 20:40
cameltoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shenzhen screening

I just did the Shenzhen screening and this is how it went for me

Fly into Hong Kong and take the ferry over to Shekou, WASinc puts you up in a hotel there the first night (they put you up all nights but this is the first night hotel)
First off there is no interview, but I am sure if you act and look like an Ass you will be gone. There are two different medicals checks you will do. The first with Shenzhen. They take blood, urine, and a chest xray. the second is done some days later by the CAAC in either Beijing or Shanghai, it is through. EEG,EKG,ECG, eyes, hearing, ultrasound, yup just like the wife got when preg. they are looking for kidney stones, gall stones, and who knows what else.
I will say this about it, if they find something wrong, they tell you and tell you to go home and get it fixed, they do work with you in their own way.
Second, there is a written test, sometimes you have to fly far away to take it, it just depends where it is being offered when you are there. As far as the test, man, I don't know what to say. It's basically the FAA ATP but with a couple of twists. The questions were english, translated into Chinese and then back, and some of them got funky in all the shifting. Some of the questions are Chinese air law and you have to study the Chinese ATP theory pdf that WAS supplies, have fun, its 395 pages and you need to know it. My test was 40% tech, a lot of weather theory, and some Chinese Air Law, also even simple question can be hard, its easy to determine the available landing length of 25R in LAX but the answers are all in meters.
Third the Sim., while through, is not impossible, but the push and rush as hard as they can. Expect WS, TCAS, V1, Dual Hyd. (one of you will get BG the other GY for you A-320 guys) single engine selected/selected VOR to a missed, dual FCU fail, emer. decent, colapsed rt. main gear on landing, low speed abort. They also do ALL of this to a LARGE crosswind, it's their thing. I was told a lot of their runways are not lined up with local prevailing winds