PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 18:03
winstonsmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maddie Baddie

If it goes to a strike it will be a tough call for those crew with an early report in the morning on the first day of the strike. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes as they have an important decision to make. They don't know what will happen and the rest can sit by and watch and make their decision based on what happens.
Know the feeling!

I went on strike in 1997 and I had one of the earliest WW flights from LHR rostered on the first day of the strike - it's very lonely and nothing but pleasant - it was a VERY tough call to make.

It's very easy for many to say to vote yes and strike - many of them have never been on a strike and the majority of our crew has been recruited after 1997. Do they think bullying and harassment have started? Wait and see.

What did we achieve from the 1997's strike? Nothing - only a huge £110 million bill. Looking back at it now I realize how naive I was - but what could you expect from a 22 year old guy?

BASSA didn't make it back then - and looking at what they have achieved so far - ZIP - what can possibly make them and their members think they will make it this time?