PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 16:45
Two-Tone-Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good afternoon, 'Happy Campers' ... my goodness, things are really rattling the cage today.

I've been reading but not posting, because I'm just SLF as you know. Your Union conflict is for you to resolve; I'm merely a victim who pays your salary. However, I'm more than interested by some of the comments here from those such as ...

"Hawkerhunt".
Originally Posted by Hawkerhunt
We started changing our flying habits initially because we saw the arrogance and self importance of the staff coming in, and the "customer" becoming SLF. The final straw was UNITE and the constant strike threats.
That opinion is entire in accord with my experiences with BA [Long-Haul, LHR] in recent years. Honestly, folks, have you any idea how much additional damage some of you are doing to a damaged product? Or, frankly, don't some of you care?

"was crew".
posted by a customer ... Much of my experience of BA crew (not all) is get thru the cabin as quickly as physically possible (smoke coming off the trolley wheels), go to galley, pull curtain across (as tight as possible), get out Daily Mail/Heat, crew or pax food and bitch about the company/talk about shopping, A&F, cosmetic surgery, how overworked you are, the horses etc etc (all for us pax to hear btw). If rudely disturbed by a paying "customer" scowl, tell them you are trying to have a break (all at the same time), sigh and tell them you will get back to them. if you remember (or serve them there and then reluctantly) !! If on LH grab handbag and head to bunk......charter have to make do with sitting on a catering box in the galley on a flight to MLE !!
Yes, that has been broadly my experience on every LH trip with BA - and that's in J, where I pay a mahoosive premium for 'service' that doesn't happen.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm sure some of you do a great job for BA.
However, a lot of you, unless I've been incredibly unlucky, do a very poor job for BA and the paying customers.

After what I've seen a read on here, I wish I'd picked a different career path instead of the one I chose. But then this sort of information about working regimes, allowances, and benefits wasn't in the Public arena. It is now.

Please sort yourselves out. You have a good job with great T&C. A P45 and an uncertain future lies ahead if you misjudge this "Power Game".