PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 15:22
Hawkerhunt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another (ex)SLF opinion

15 yrs ago, my company specified we fly BA by preference. Today we are instructed they are the airline of last resort.

Why? As wascrew stated "Paying customers in premium cabins are very aware that BA is STAFF airline run by it`s staff for the benefit of the staff and not the customer and has been for years."

We started changing our flying habits initially because we saw the arrogance and self importance of the staff coming in, and the "customer" becoming SLF.
The final straw was UNITE and the constant strike threats.

You won't strike over Easter now, Gee thanks? Do I trust you or care? no. I'll put my business elsewhere thanks. To a company & staff who show more care towards their customers, and seem to want to do a good job, and actually try to provide a decent customer service.

To us, the SLF, we just see a blind refusal to see the reality out there in the big world, and 70's style union greed and ignorance.

Flying is no longer an exotic or even mildly pleasant experience. The airport experience,the surly,rude,aggressive airport staff. Same on the aircraft. Once we were "customers", now the term SLF could hardly be more aft. THis is not unique to BA, of course, it's across the whole industry, often blamed on the LCC's.

The industry is shrinking, and under attack on many fronts , recession, green lobby, govt taxes, etc.. and BA's unions seem intent on helping the cause by removing BA from the world scene. While you bicker internally, we, the customer, will move on.(Actually, we already have).

There are many good people in BA, but their voices are being drowned out, especially in the media, by the dinosaur of your unions.

Maybe I'll get shot down, posting as a "non-customer", but I was once, and I'm gone now.