PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 15:18
Desertia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those saying there is "thread drift" in Lurker's original cross post, there isn't. It is yet another poor attempt by BASSA to demonstrate ("Even the DRs said stop! We are so proud!", etc.) that they know more than anybody else. Hence the mention of cognitive bias. Something must explain this BASSA brainwashing.

I merely pointed out that if a cardiac surgeon says "stop CPR" then, unless you are a cardiac surgeon with equal experience, you stop.

I gave the reason for it, and if it sounded insensitive, I apologise, but I don't expect the poor victims family to be reading this.

It is another example of BASSA pumping themselves for all they are worth, and yet more proof at how bad they are at it.

If the circumstances of this story are true, the crew in question have not "saved a life"; they have needlessly prolonged a death.

I won't bother with the pointless emboldening of that last statement; any of you who have worked in a catastrophic triage situation will be aware that sometimes these decisions have to be made, and they are generally made by people with the wisdom and courage to do so. And I would rather a cardiac surgeon made it than someone who has no qualifications other than basic CPR, and who then sees fit to use it in another forum in a pathetic attempt at scoring points.

None of this demeans the fact that the CC in question did their best to use their training. No-one could expect any more of them.