PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 15:06
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maddie Baddie I don't know if BA follow the Resucitation Council UK protocols for BLS? I really hope so as the council are the experts in their field. BA are a reputable carrier, indeed our flag carrier, so I assume they do?

If the protocols are changed it is BA's (indeed any company's responsibility) to issue a Level 1 NTC (that company's equivalent) to all staff affected by this not just the CC. At my mob that would mean all CC would update their knowledge immediatly via this NTC. This would be re inforced at briefings by the SCCM/recurrent training and taught on all initial courses from that date. There would be no excuse for anyone not being aware of the change.

Fincastle thank you for the empathy I know exactly where your wife is coming from! Unfortunately that is not taught on CC courses and CC will do what they are taught. That is why I feel they (with my nurse hat on)/we (CC hat) should be taught to defer to any medical expertise on board......after all we ask for it on the PA!

A can of worms perhaps worthy of a seperate thread?

Apologies to the mods for my thread drift here