PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 14:55
sweety

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very true!

Please don't resign from BASSA before you have voted NO
All of you disillusioned bassa members who are considering resigning... please vote NO first and then resign. Resigning now will only play into bassa's hands because they will end up with a higher %yes vote.
JD
I was thinking about this today and was just about to post something very similar to this.

I was going to vote "NO" and then withdraw my membership.

However, it got me thinking...

if we all resign from Union, we will leave all the blind followers with no opinion of their own, just the one Unite has drilled into their brains, to do whatever thay want. In that case they will always be a majority and we, the rest, with no union membership, will just have to put up with what's brought upon us by Unite's drons.

Therefore it's just silly when people who don't belong to Union, go on about how bad things are. Yes, they are, because we have too many people that don't belong to union and in times like these we could soooo count on their "NO" votes. Yes, we would be subsidising Union by paying them but well, otherwise we let them decide our future.

I work with so many crew who don't belong to Union and moan and moan and moan. Or even worse, they don't even know about what is going on, no interest whatsoever. And by ignorance let Bassa rule their work life, so to speak.

Hmm...a tricky situation, I know.

What is clear is that we need a Union that we can trust in and the one that will communicate with BA and come to decisions which would benefit BOTH sides. That is very clearly, not BASSA.

Bring on PCCC and hope it does just that!

I the meantime, we need to be in it (union) to make sure that we can influence the decision. Well, at least try.

This saying they keep pushing "A union is as strong as it's Members" does have a different meaning.