PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 14:41
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unite the Union today warned the British Airlines Pilots Association
It would seem that Unite is on a mission to burn, smash, obliterate and then scorch earth any bridges it might have had with any organisation remotely associated with BA.

Personally I will do whatever I wish using my own judgment as to how it will affect my job, my future and the possible impact of my actions on my colleagues and peers.

BALPA have never, ever, told their Association membership what to do. They have always investigated, disseminated and advised. Never have they attempted to order, warn, threaten or cajole me into making a decision I didn't feel happy or informed to make.

Unlike a certain 'threatening', 'one out all out' Union led by a bunch of professional strike arrangers who have absolutely no jeopardy when it comes to members losing jobs as they only lose the subscription which would only be given out to the Labour party anyway.

Threaten away Unite. I had my fill of Union bully boy 's**b' tactics in the 80's thanks. I will make my own decisions based upon the facts as I find them. Hopefully the majority of the more intelligent BASSA members will also make sensible choices based upon real and factual information. Not the drivel coming from BASSA/Unite.

This conflict could affect you all? Yep, certainly for the better!

Working as strike breakers just shows the company that they can do without your role.
What utter tripe. It is known as asset management and knowing where, when and how to utilise your manpower assets in a time of crisis. As the 747 fleet will probably be down there will be a generated surplus of manpower available for re-allocation. When the full route structure and fleet start flying again then those personnel can take up their normal positions. Minus the militant minority who will be moaning on here, the BASSA forum and CF as to how long BA are taking to get the industrial tribunals going.

Good luck Unite, you are going to need it, especially when all of this internet diatribe gets repeated in Court!