PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Team AIPA blames others for poor showing at FWA
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 14:25
drshmoo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For the record I had about 2500 total, with 1000 IFR PA31 time before I even sniffed a turbo prop F/O slot. Was lucky enough to get a command on a metro after about 500 hours after that. Then was lucky enough after 1000 turbine to jag a B737 F/O slot at VB prior to the first big intake but chose to be an S/O at QF instead because of a variety of reasons. My opportunities at VB would now be well in the rear vision mirror as far as EMB commands go, but Im all about waiting my turn. You hark on about hard yards but I know there are are plenty at Jetstar that have lots of GA and Regional experience. Let the self ritious idiots that the world owes them a command get hammered by the old guard if they don't meet standards but the ones that meet company mins and are approved cause they meet the standard should have first right of command training. I know plenty of Jetstar F/Os that study under my own roof that study hard and with enthusiasm without this Gen Y crap that the old guard go on about. These "the world owes me types" are known to any training establishment worth their salt and will be checked accordingly. If they step up and pass too bad for you. You should be excited for the future of aviation in this country. The future Jetstar commands are sitting there waiting their turn eager (experienced - no moon landings given) and already giving blood sweat and tears for the company.

The realities of my company are a tad different.
12 years to domestic command prior to massive growth of lower paid carrier. Now 767 has gone maybe 20 years to international command on a A330. Dont you lecture my generation about paying ones dues. Transiton Layer and myself did remote piston GA then Regional Airline careers prior to QF and we aren't beating our chest for commands now, even though we have been sitting there waiting our turns for 3 and 5 years respectfully for an F/O slot. This Gen Y crap you dribble on about is indicative of individuals that transend generations. Get off you Zimmer frame and drop the generalisations.

Seniority stops the sychophants that want to go in on days off for free doing company jepp ammendments etc, sucking appendages or nepatism etc to get ahead from usurping seniority for promotion.

AFAP sold out the majority of the Jetstar pilots, whether or not it sold out the majority of its membership at Jetstar (must be at least 10 people) is another thing altogether.