PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 12:50
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passenger Safety and Security will not be compromised, and I suspect, the passengers may see a few more smiles during their flight.
Andyismyname,
As a CSD, I will make sure that safety and customer service is not compromise and remains of the highest standard on all my flights. You are right, we may see a few more smiles during the flight. Some sullen faces around of late seem to have a couldn't care less attitude.
I'm confident that most of the volunteers will do a great job and in some instances an even better job and I look forward to welcoming and working with them on board.
Having said that, there are several crew that I have worked with many crew who are brilliant at what they do.

Weather Map
Something that does amuse me about our cabin crew is the way they keep praising themselves and going on about incidents where they have saved lifes,evacuated aircraft etc etc .Firstly i want to make it quite they do a great job and i would not take that away from them.

However saving lifes and SEP is part of the job.It's not a favour your doing for customers or BA.I just wished they would get over themselves.

Weather Map,
I agree with you, you took the words out of my mouth!
Life saving procedures and any emergencies are part of our jobs and it's what we get paid for and what's expected of us. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm BA Cabin Crew and the above are my personal views and not those of BA.