PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 12:07
santito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flew into BRS for the first time in over a year yesterday.

As we all know, the Brussels Airlines route is now operated by Brussels Airlines, but on a BMI Regional E 145 which is a bit strange (Surely BMI operate the route now?) These are the same aircraft that are used at most other regionals now, and are very nice, but I did notice LBA was significantly more expensive on LBA-BRU on the BMI E145 than BRS-BRU under Brussels Airlines on the Avros.... I hope that BRS does not see similar price hikes!

I wonder if BMI are also positioning themselves to take on routes to Germany (Munich/ Duss/ FRA would be good) with the E145 (or other units?) as they are a subsidiary of Lufthansa now...

Fog was awful, but I could just about see the walkway is coming on nicely- it is absolutely HUGE, I was quite taken aback at its size! Just a shame this phase of the expansion does not add any bridges to the actual aircraft.

Security area has also totally changed since I was last there, and seems better laid out now with 7-8 desks, plus automatic gates for the new style passports (These were not in operation though).