PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet/CTC Cadet Pilot Slavery Contract
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 11:35
Journey Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fear and Loathing... I hope you are indeed right and that I'm proved wrong, however history has set a different precedent and I don't believe any meaningful resistance will be put up as this rot becomes the standard.

I really hope that your prediction becomes reality. There are lots of rallying calls here, yet we've also seen that before. The pilot body is wasting time and energy debating who should be the one to make a stand and whilst we vacillate and acrimoniously dispute responsibilities, we're missing the big picture.

We're all going to be very disappointed soon by our inaction and we will have no-one left to blame. Not management; not training captains; not rich spoilt kids; entrepreneurial individuals who've self funded, or any other variant of the argument; not management; not even Michael O'Leary. We'll have to answer to ourselves. "Did I do enough to stop this?"

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor..."

Last edited by Journey Man; 23rd Jan 2010 at 11:48.