PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 10:37
Melissa1510

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with Maddie on temporary crew being training firstly on security; so passengers worry not, you will be just as safe.
Overall what sadden me is that we got to this situation in the first place. UNION forces and IA are only worth if the organisation is a governament one. When working in the private sector, the whelthfare of the organisation is your own, no money coming in means no wage raise or bonus, simple. At the smell of a strike bookings diminish, ask anybody in Revenue Management, bookings are not coming in,the loss of revenue is huge as it is before the strike takes action, Richard Branson is laughing, his booking must be on a record take this month. Bill Francis was clear, more losses and not only the changes will go ahead but we will be expecting even more cuts, not only in IFCE but all accross the company. So can someone explain the logic behing the strike action because I am missing it completly.