PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 10:02
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning Ladies and Gents,

Firstly sorry about not posting yesterday, wrote the entire report and when i went to press send the internet went down. So again sorry!!

Yassan81, i would like to thank you for your extremely kind post above but honestly im not worthy of half your compliments. This is no movie or a TV show. This is a normal bloke just trying to get his first foot on the ladder and am just giving you my personal accounts of how i have been getting on. Im sure you will become a great pilot one day and join the ranks.

Yesterday i was speaking to another wanabee looking for work who had read my blog. His first comments to me is that i am seeking attension. Im sorry if some of you feel the same way but honestly i enjoy posting but at the same time its meant to teach us things about the do's and dont's of finding a job.

I met 3 more pilots who have just come into town all blue eye and bushy tailed. They ask us guys who have been here for a while looking for tips of getting a job. But the answer is there is no rules to this game. If your face fits and theres a job then its proberbly yours.

I got a fantastic PM from a pilot who has thousands and thousands of hours under his belt. But the one point that took me back was the fact that even when his senior pilot was placed in a nursing home he constantly went and met him. Thats what respect of your seniors and friendship means to look out for each other.

Nothing has changed on the job front. The work i was doing for an operator has been completed and so am joining my ranks of unemployed people looking for work again.

Im still doing my rounds and last night was invited to a party which was awsome. but i was back in bed for 10:30 im sure im getting too old.

Im now coming to a stage where im thinking about going home, nothing is changing around here and feeling that i am wasting money. Im not getting anywhere with the other countries around Africa either.

But ill see, anyway as always i hope you are well, and please remeber this is your thread too and if you have any contacts or know of any jobs going around the world please please please PM me!!

Take care!