PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Team AIPA blames others for poor showing at FWA
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 07:00
titan uranus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FOR THE RECORD

AT NO TIME IN THE HISTORY OF JQ AND RECRUITMENT OF DEC'S HAS THERE BEEN ANY ORGANISED INDUSTRIAL MOVEMENT TO PREVENT IT HAPPENING. NO IFALPA BACKED RECRUITMENT BAN HAS EVER BEEN PUT IN PLACE.

Anyone with any industrial know-how will understand the significance of this point.

RAMBO and TL; You are trying to retrospectively alienate the DEC. You have no grounds for your allegation that they have done anything wrong in joining JQ. It may seem safe to mouth off anonymously on this forum, but be really cautious where else you try it on.

JQ would not have had the ability to grow to its current size without them.
If you are both as "senior" as you make out, then it all happened on your watch.

Transition Layer; Yes, my endorsement was paid for by my employer, as well as all the other trappings that come with expatriate lifestyle.
If I may be so bold, that may be perceived as being quite savvy about how one has approached one's career...no?

Thanks Walter E..
...and as for Col. Walter, posting retirement suited you better.

And Drshmoo; I can tell you why Walter E has talk down to some of these cretins...based on the diatribe of disrespectful garbage I read from the children of GEN Y on this site, talking "down" to one of them is actually remarkably restrained. And by the way, no-one suggests seniority should entirely be disregarded, just not a form of stoic datal seniority.

I suspect some of you are just scared of having to step up to the plate, and retreat behind datal seniority as a defence mechanism perhaps?

Put yourself in our shoes:
Half the FO's I fly with either came directly from GA, or spent no more than a year in a regional carrier. Some have the demeanour that they've now somehow served their apprenticeship and are on sites like this complaining not actually about not getting a jet command under 30, but the fact they may have to move to Darwin to get it!
I'm sorry if I don't feel overly concerned for their plight. Now I do generalise, some are great and I will do all I can to help those with a reasonable attitude, those without I simply couldn't care less about.

One FO brags about how he was requested to "update" his hours for command consideration - he is a well know trouble maker - he has 5,000 hours total time - has never left the same postcode throughout his aviation career - hates the company - won't move to Darwin - hates the concept of RoR - stoically and proudly states he will never leave Melbourne for a command - claims to be an industrial expert - is a whining pain in the arse to fly with.
My heart.. and many other hearts - naturally bleed with sympathy.
Mind you, half the check and training department, whom he shall need on side, are of course vastly more experienced DEC's. I'm sure his persona will be nothing shy of total sweetness for that month and a half...

For perspective, I came from a time when you needed about 3,000 hours to get a RHS in a regional turbo prop - with an average of 8 years to command in that same turbo prop - and let's not even start talking about what it took to get to fly a jet (especially in Australia).

Last edited by titan uranus; 23rd Jan 2010 at 07:51.