PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet/CTC Cadet Pilot Slavery Contract
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 06:53
Dan 98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I totally agree that no one is forcing cadets to sign this deal, however I have to say it is IMO unrealsitic to expect a group of cadets with limited experience of the industry and general life experience to change what Easy, CTC, Oxford, The Aviation Industry as a whole.......are doing. It surely must come down to the experienced pilots who are already employed and have the ability to voice their opinions and concerns to BALPA, CAA, Media etc...

In life it is always easier to blame someone else rather than accept responsibility ourselves. We all know when trying to find employment after training that we would have flown "a cargo plane full of rubber dogsh*t out of hongkong"!! If it meant we could fly!!

Expecting cadets pursuing "the dream" (we all know it isn't) not to sign or accept and wait for something better to come along is no different from cadets expecting experienced pilots to stand up and say NO and not fly another hour until the contract is stopped.

What would have more impact, a cadet saying NO only for the next guy to say YES or: for every pilot in Easy or any other airline to stand together and say I am not flying a single minute unless this sh*t stops, NOW. After a few days of shiny A319's not moving and a loss of millions of pounds what do you think Easy would do ermmmmmm........! A damn site more than if a few cadets say no I'm not signing that.

I have no vested interest in Easy or CTC, I would like to return to the industry at some point if it is viable, I was made redundant from a lo/co last year and currently work out of aviation. It is very interesting looking from the outside in, the aviation industry is sinking to new depths and will continue to do so unless PILOTS stop it, it will just carry on.

It is no different from being at school, what do Bullies respond to, people who do nothing and put up with it (that would be pilots as a whole!) OR people who stand up and fight and say NO!!

Pilots need to stop having this huge fear of losing their jobs all the time if they stand up and say no to management and lower conditions, as pilots you really do have the power.

What would happen if Easy go to the wall after a few days of strike action....in protest to this? Ryanair will just pick up all their business and you can all go and work for them instead as the way it is going it would probably be a better deal!!

It really is now or never...!