PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 01:47
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I agree. An averaged meal payment could be good. But then is open to abuse. Many crew would then bid for lovely little CDG and backs. Other crew would be slogging it out on the ATH/IST/DME there and backs or 3 day 8 sectors etc and all crew would get the same money! I could accept an hourly rate - on the condition it was averaged out on how much per hour we are paid currently. So take how long I work on an average month and my allowances and divide it and then use that as the hourly rate so it would probably be at a guess £4/£5 an hour. Although then again, the current system is good when you away on a trip because as we know you get more if you do a GVA than you do in PRG. But if you see how much it is to eat downroute in both places you will know one is v.expensive and one is cheap so that's why our current system is fair. Obviously there are inconsistencies that make it very unfair but then there will be in the hourly rate really.