PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 00:16
FlexSRS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(MAN there and back anyone!)
That's nothing! I regularly take crew up to MAN positioning up in the morning, (but not too early darling), night stop MAN, and 1 sector home, the next afternoon! I have recently had a bunch of "1 out, standover day 1 back" and even pos out, standover, 1 back! On my last 4 day 10 sector SH tour, every single one of the crews was either on a one sector day or was about to nightstop with one short (less that 1.5hr) sector home. It can't continue, it really can't.

But anyway, I take your point.

Speak to any crew member that has done charter, or in fact, worked for any other airline, or in fact, I will go further, any crew member that has worked in the "real world", even a paper round, and they will tell you they are on to a good thing and they are happy with their deal. I have not heard a single whinge about the new crewing levels on SH since the first week they came in.

I find the most militant crew are the people that have only ever worked for BA, more often than not straight from school, who have no idea what it is like elsewhere. I really, honestly hope they don't spoil it for the rest of the crew who would quite happily work a bit harder to keep their excellent reward package.