PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 10years Today a Ppruner!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 23:42
ZAZOO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink 10years Today a Ppruner!

Yup 10yrs now since I became a ppruner, never will forget the day I stumbled on pprune website by chance 10yrs ago.

I was reading a front page article in a british tabloid about British Airways sacking two of its pilots after discovering they had indulged in heavy drinking bouts hours before flying. The sackings came after a Channel 4 Dispatches programme in which BA pilots were secretly filmed drinking heavily in the evening before flying in the morning. Apparently a former BA stewardess, filmed the drinking bouts after befriending the air crew.

But coming back to pprune, the journalist that wrote the article in the tabloid I was reading that morning had referred to a pilot website he called "pprune" which he logged unto for more info regarding this event.

So I logged on that night after sim in my hotel and was immediately hooked.

As a young rookie on the Jets with great aspirations in this our once noble profession this was the site to belong to, everthing I wanted to know or find out was right here and boy did I get a lot of great info out of pprune.

I also remember the first Bash at Gatwick and our pprune wings handed out to all those present,yes I was there and what great fun, also remember it took me all night to get home cos I had no cash to afford a room in the hotel lol.

Oh well I'm still here and wish all my fellow ppruners all the best.