PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 23:19
Clarified

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello A Lurker...

I see it differently.

I think the company has been reasonable and fair, no, it has not been a push over and no, it has not thrown money at the situation. It hasn't got any!
I think the issues have been personalised and distorted to such a degree that people are having trouble seeing the wood for the trees.
Saying that, an increasing number of people are now challenging certain responses to the situation, (many examples on this forum).
I do not think the company has an agenda to 'smash' the trade unions or 'working agreements'. It needs change but is willing to look after those people in the business. Yes we do have to make sacrifices, most departments already have, months ago.
I think this could have been a real opportunity for the unions, proactively engaging the company, ensuring their member's futures, their future and of course BA's future, without an airline there isn't a union!

Where we go from here is anyones guess, I like option A. No strike, if option B is carried out it could 'smash' the company.
Those T & C's would disappear, finished, gone forever. Picture it, people standing there scratching their heads asking 'what happend'? 'If only!'
It'll be too late then.
Let's hope that doesn't happen, we can agree again tonight on that one, can't we?

My thoughts in response to previous post, not my employers or any other party.