PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 21:48
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sweety

If I vote "NO" and withdraw my membership the day after, what would be the consequences? Will Unite know who I was and not take my "NO" into account?
Would that make strike "illegal" as in theory I wouldn't be a member any more?

Another thought:

Regardless of what I vote for, if I'm on days off / leave / sick / maternity during the strike, how would BA know which way I voted? This is to do with who they'd take the ST benefits away from if not everyobody.

There are many, myself included, who have hung on to our membership just to vote NO. I can't see any possible repercussions. I don't think it will make the strike illegal if you wait to see the result of the ballot before resigning. BA will have no way of knowing which way you voted so in this case, you'll have to move heaven and earth to get into work if you are rostered to be there! If you are not rostered, i.e part-time or maternity then you cannot be assumed to be on strike as you can't withhold labour that is not due. Either way, don't worry too much about the Staff travel - last time (1997), and the time before that (1993ish), it was reinstated within the month!

I am BA crew and all thoughts are my own and not those of my employer.

Last edited by ottergirl; 22nd Jan 2010 at 21:51. Reason: spelling