PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad cadet pilot programme last test
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 21:13
PIREP 123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colony

I totally agree with you...in fact I might have even been in Abu Dhabi with you at the same time...When I was there it almost seemed as if everyone from one hotel passed the first part of the second stage whilst everyone else failed. I even met a guy there who had passed everything the year before and had been given a start date for one of the courses to then be told that they were withdrawing his and everyone elses applications. They then held more tests later on urged him to reapply. So, naturally he did, and he didn't even make it to the interview part in Abu Dhabi. Disgusting in my honest opinion. There was this other guy who came out of the interview almost in tears because he felt he had messed the interview up by telling them that he was unhappy about not being shown the training facilities in Al Ain before being taken on board and he still got through. I think you are right about taking on that girl as well. I heard about this girl who is on one of the courses who only had two weeks work experience in a supermarket who made it onto the course. Not saying she didn't have the skills but the person who told me about her said that she couldn't tell the difference between Airbus and Boeing aircraft. Plus her scores in the hand eye co-ordination tests weren't great. Maybe that's not a pre-requisite to become an airline pilot but it certainly raises questions in my mind. This other guy that I met said he regrets telling them that he had a wife and kid because they didn't seem impressed with that fact, even though his wife was entirely supportive and even happy at the fact of potentially moving to the UAE. I don't know...the airline industry just always has this sort of rubbish going on...it's really quite sad. Oh, apparently the guy that runs the program is on here as well disguising himself as being someone who 'has heard through the grapevine'. So if you have any concerns regarding the program you should be able to get an answer on here, but take it with a pinch of salt.