PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 19:32
Dairyground

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The letter clearly states

Therefore before you vote, I want you to be fully aware of the consequences should you vote yes and go on strike. In those circumstances, you would:

Lose staff travel permanently
Lose pay for any duties you miss if you go on strike, including associated days off

You really do need to concentrate and stop making things up
For once, I agree with A Lurker.

In real life I am not a lawyer, but have described myself from time to time as a professional pedant. My role has been to develop specifications for IT systems that are sufficiently unambiguous that multiple groups from possibly very different cultures will interpret them in the same way. The relevant parts of the letter appear to me to be a study in ambiguity. Taken literally, they can be interpreted as saying that someone who votes no but follows a majority into a strike will not lose staff travel privileges.

Bill Francis has left himself plenty of wriggle room for concessions in a "kiss and make up" period after the death of BASSA. But he may well take a hard line in the immediate aftermath.