PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 17:39
Maddie Baddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is seriously getting out of hand and should have been stopped a long time ago. When reading messages at BASSA and CREW FORUM it really puts me in a lousy and furious mood for numerous reasons. I'm seriously concerned about my blood pressure. Are they for real? What are they thinking? What are they thinking WITH?

I have seen nothing but arrogance and incompetence from BASSA. I don't trust them for a second that they know what they are doing or that they will pull this off. They have placed themselves and many of their members in a corner. It is beyond me that people can have any faith left in BASSA and trust all the rubbish propaganda they are being fed with. How can people still have faith in Lizanne after her fiasco last year when encouraging VR crew to vote? Some defend her by saying she's not a legal person but a chairman of a trade union should know those things. I'm not a legal person either but I used common sense and came to the conclusion that they wouldn't be eligible to vote!

When I get my ballot paper I will vote NO. After that I will resign from BASSA, after having been a member with them since '92, and make a saving of £180 a year. I honestly feel I'm better on my own than being represented by something which can doubtly call themselves a union. Should I ever need assistance in the future I will get help somewhere else.

BASSA showed me their true colours when one of their reps accused me of wanting to destroy the company as my hubby is a pilot. Luckily I was born with the ability of using my vocabulary quickly and the knowledge of how to defend myself.

I am more than tempted to walk pass the picket line when going to work but I doubt it would be near T5. I have nothing to be ashamed of and crew saying they have a long memory and will remember all of us strike breakers don't scare me. And I have another 30 years before retirement!

Hoping to see you all (except for my husband because he'll make a mess in the galley)!

WW Purser