PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 17:22
TopBunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
617sqn
Staff travel may not sway people as you can get cheaper tickets from Easy Jet etc and it's a guaranteed seat.
Personally I haven't used staff travel in years.Never any spare seats when I want to go away.
I think you are totally wrong. Tickets from EasyJet etc tend to be for fixed flights and non-transferable.

So when your flight is delayed for whatever reason, they become very much less flexible than an ID90 standby ticket that can be used on BA/BMI etc; when you just need a stack of them, undated, to see you through a month's commute.

For commuters, it is not about the annual holiday, it's about the routine commute.

Yes, it's become much more expensive over the last few years with the taxes etc, but taking ST away will have an ENORMOUS affect on commuters, to the sum of probably £200 per month and possible airport transfer costs (to get to LTN/STN) and hours of time. The loss of ST will mean that hundreds of those deemed to be strikers will have to give up their jobs and further hasten the introduction of New Fleet.

BASSA are finished, imho.