PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Haven't got your choice of meal available - why does this happen?
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 17:07
Two-Tone-Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ BobUpndown ...

Interesting observation.
Simple top tip - when flying East in F or C/J, go SQ, CX, MH, et al. Avoid VS and definitely BA. VS are hurting big time right now and making huge cut backs across the board, including the catering loading into J. The days of a ''First Class product for a Business Class fare'' are sadly long gone (some say it started with the downgrading of the amenity kits (the Y kits are better now!) and moved onto the removal of the IFBT and so it goes on....).
The last time I flew VS [to USA] was in 2004 ... it was "OK" in PE. I've been tempted occasionally to try VS Upper, especially with the current problems with BA. However, with the only options on my sector being BA and VS [and 2 US 3-star carriers] it's a bit of a conundrum. VS does cheap USA car hire, though, if you find the right buttons ... depending on which one you click, I could have paid either £520 or £900 for the same rental from the same company!!