PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Pilots help!!!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 16:40
smokie78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airline Pilots help!!!

As a child when i saw a pilot in an airport i looked at them as gods, or the way kids look at famous people today....the first time i took a flight lesson i knew this is what i want to do. Then i found out how expensive it is to become an airline pilot and i was gutted...because i dont come from a rich family....was this the end of my dream?

Basically i want to become an airline pilot, Im Irish living in Ireland, i dont have €90,000! i dont have a rich family, and im too old for the Irish air corps, Im 32 now in a secure job but "flying" will not leave my head....i cant sleep at night thinking about how i could save up the money and sell my car and stuff...6 years ago i got as far as going solo and money became an issue...i have enough money to do my PPL and a bit more...id say i could have €20,000 but if i spend this what do i do then!! im just so confused on what to do and i think this is my last few years and last chance to realise my dream...i know if i won the lotto its what i would do.... If any captains or pilots with experience of training in Ireland could msg me id be delighted, ideally i would like to meet an airline pilot and pick their brain about training
thanks guys