PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Irish Air Traffic Controllers to be suspended
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 11:12
blueskythinking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree, well said Eric! I cant believe that pilots are commenting on how greedy and selfish the Irish Atco's are being. Perhaps if they were to visit their own forum and view how badly they are regarded by the true professionals in their own industry they would think twice before making such ridiculous postings. The likes of 737-500 are slowly turning the profession of pilot into a laughing stock. The Irish Atcos are fighting for long term working practices and conditions. I cant remember the pilots or general public demanding pay rises for Atcos when the celtic tiger economy was booming! Having lived in Ireland for several years during the last recession it is quite telling how your society has become anglicised since then!! and that's not a compliment. Without the full knowledge of all the facts I would suggest that Pilots and even other Atco's desist from berating my Irish colleagues. I wish we in the uk had the backbone to stand up for ourselves in the same way. hopefully , people like 737-500 are in the minority among our pilot colleagues. Anyone who spends that amount of money to work for MOL must be of questionable talent and ability!!