PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More easyJet Pilot Slavery Deals - Oxford Aviation Academy
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 07:39
Wingswinger

Location: Hampshire physically; Perthshire and Pembrokeshire mentally.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sid,

I don't think anyone has denied anything. It's rather like blaming people for high house prices and unmanageable debt, isn't it? If only we could stop pesky folks from taking the loans on offer and bidding the prices others ask then everyone could afford his/her own roof over his/her head.

How do you propose to stop tyro pilots swallowing commercial bs and signing up to an exploitative deal? I'll lay money they've all looked at the threads here and yet they've still done it. Human nature is a wierd thing isn't it? You and I know they shouldn't do it but they think otherwise. Let them find out the hard way. On the other hand, they could be calling it right and be in an excellent position when the market turns. Only time will tell.

Having people pay for a TR and line training is not good. MyTravel paid the real price in 2007 and it could have been worse. I don't think sensible airlines will do it any more. Having people selected to pay for a TR and line training is marginally better from the aptitude and ability point of view and that is what is happening now. The real objection is on moral, safety and security grounds. The public and legislators have to be interested in what is going on. At the moment they're not. Try writing to the national press, your MP and the Transport Select Committee at the House of Commons.