PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 07:38
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How thoughtful of them to repay our support. They can rest assured that
when their time comes, and it will, that we will be equally supportive.
Hmmm, sorry it might be my poor memory but I don't ever, never, not once, seem to remember any 'support' for the BALPA Openskies dispute.

Openskies was based on the legal interpretation of 'Scope' not the assumption of the contractual viability of agreements. BASSA have never supported BALPA, more they have always sponged of the innate ability of BALPA to organise and negotiate. For example in the process of Pensions negotiations.

So, sorry if it doesn't phase the majority of pilots that BASSA have withdrawn their 'support'.

For the vast majority of professional Cabin Crew who operate our aircraft CRM will not be affected in the slightest as they have the ability to differentiate between on ground rhetoric and airborne required professionalism. If the BASSA tub thumpers have a problem with it then they will be off loaded.

It would seem that the rest of BA are behind the company as well:

There has been a fantastic first response from right across the airline
with every department volunteering to back BA since the intranet site was
launched on Monday.

Colleagues have once again proved they care about the airline’s customers.
It’s clear from the response that colleagues do not want to sit back and
watch Unite ruin this great airline.
BASSA have totally alienated themselves in this dispute and, with many employees looking at the fate of JAL and the financial position of other airlines closer to home, will NOT allow BASSA to 'bring the company down'.

I wonder how long the 'back BA become a temporary pilot' training course would be?