PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Airline To Work
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 02:03
Semaphore Sam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mutt
"Is it really that good? Or are there so few native English speakers that frequent Pprune? I would suggest that you compile the list again in 2011 and see how it has changed with the influx of new pilots."

Why new pilots, Mutt? Why not query long-term people, with a history? We all have our horror stories...but, I worked for Saudia for 28 years, and I've now worked as a sim instructor for 3 years for a regional airline owned by NW/Delta. By far, working for Saudia was vastly SUPERIOR! We have F/O's with 22 years flying experience, getting $22k/year. We have F/O's who have, in the last 5-8years, been furloughed 3-4 times. The pay and working conditions are abominable for flight-crew, both F/O's and Captains.

When I went to Saudia, the dream was to get on with a US Major, like...Eastern, Pan am, Braniff, TWA. Thank Allah it didn't happen. Of course, dealing with Arabs is a trial, but, on the whole, they were honest, and paid on time, and gave a fair compensation for work done. I never (well, almost never) felt cheated. (They DID steal our pension) . But, all said and done, I'd do it in a heartbeat over the rat-race to poverty that I've seen in the industry in the States. As for other ME operators, I'm open for more input. Sam