PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Command in a Regional Airline
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2010, 22:35
BackdoorBandit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HappyBandit

So Hypothetically, could a new hire who spent more time out in the big bad world of GA and got the 500 ME, be up for a command before a cadet/trainee who does not meet the requirements, yet who has a higher seniority number??

highly unlikely....especially if afap has anything to do with it.....besides as it stands new guys need to be with company for at least year and by then many of trainees will have the min requirements. Even if dont introduce icus can lig 150 icus when upgrading for command so the 250 command will be covered.
Mate you really don't know what you are talking about. I strongly suggest you talk to somebody who understands the real situation, it looks to me as if most of what you write is wishfull thinking. So please stop posting your dreams as if they are fact.

1. People have already been bypassed.
2. People who do not meet the requirements (company and/or regulatory) will continue to be bypassed.
3. Meeting the requirements will be a slow process even with an ICUS program i.e. building required night hours.
4. New appointments who have an ATPL will bypass those that don't and can be made up to captain in order of seniority at any stage (company reqs can be waived at the companies discretion).
5. The company knows all the above and is actively recruiting people with ATPL's.
6. With the dropping of the $10k endorsment fee and being paid from day one for training, QL is once again looking like an option to an experienced pilot i.e. people with thousands of hours rather than hundreds.

I am sure those "in the know" will agree with me. To summarise, it will be a long road to a command for a trainee.

However to get a gig with the likes of QL with just a few hundred hours is pretty damn good!